Thursday 13 March 2014

Pin Wounds

When the halo is applied it is screwed into the skull to keep it in place. There are four pins at the front and four at the back.

This is what the pins look like when the halo is on.

I was worried about what sort of wounds would be left behind. If I'm honest I'm quite pleased because they are not as bad as I expected. 



The wounds are actually quite small. It's hard to tell from the photo but you can see that they are deep. Well, the pins did go straight through to the skull. There is a lot of healing to be done, outside and in, and the scars are bound to be lasting. I'm pretty sure they won't be too noticable though. The ones on the back of her head look slightly bigger somehow, but they will be covered by her hair anyway.

I'll be updating in the future on how the wounds heal.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Much and not Enough

 As you may recall I told you that Lucy has a syringomyelia and I've been getting advice from a neurologist who is not Lucy's doctor...