Wednesday 2 March 2016

Back to the Poo Doctor

Well, we managed to give Lucy a clear out over the Christmas holiday. It wasn't pleasant, I'll spare you any details. Anyway since then she's been on Movicol twice a week to keep her going regularly.

Yesterday her dad took her back to the hospital to see the gastro doctor and basically he's shaking his head as he doesn't have a clue what's wrong with her. Her blood tests came back normal and he can't give us any answers. He's not wiping his hands just yet though. She's been referred to occupational health and he's also asked for her to be seen again by her psychologist.

I really hope they are not going down the road of it all being in her head. We've been there before, we've tried every trick in the 'psychology' book, more than once. It may be a combination of physical and psychological but it's definitely not all psychological.

I know the best way to treat this sort of problem is to evacuate on routine, i.e. at certain times of the day. Ironically, it's what I'm doing at the moment as I have complete lack of sensation in that area. It does seem to be working for me but our main problem in getting it to work for Lucy is actually getting her to sit on the toilet unless she's desperate to pee, or has soiled herself. Try and get her in the bathroom when she doesn't want to go in and we have meltdown city.

So at the moment there doesn't seem to be much hope, but I won't accept that, I'm forever hopeful.

One day we will know why this is happening and someone will come up with the answer.

I hope that one day is soon, at the very least before she moves up to secondary school. Her accidents at school are becoming more frequent. In fact I would say she has got much worse in the last year.

I just really wish that the Doctors would look at my zebra and stop thinking she's a horse!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Much and not Enough

 As you may recall I told you that Lucy has a syringomyelia and I've been getting advice from a neurologist who is not Lucy's doctor...