Sunday 5 February 2023

It's Not a Heart Attack but I've no idea what it is

 On 23rd January after an awful weekend I was in a lot of pain with my chest. I've been to the GP several times with this pain. First I was told it was gastric and she gave me Gaviscon and Laxido. It helped a little but the pain was keeping me up at night. My second visit I was told it was my rib and I was given strong painkillers. They helped but also caused me gastric problems. It felt like I was going around in circles. 

My third visit was just as bad. The GP said that my pain was musculoskeletal and said I needed physio therapy. 

Then I had a really bad weekend and on the 23rd Graham went out to visit his mum. I had a really bad spasm and my daughter panicked and called 111 who sent an ambulance. It arrived within 10 minutes! 

The ambulance crew told me that I wasn't having a heart attack. I knew that already, but with chest pains that is the first thing they have to rule out. They couldn't rule out a lot of other things though and wanted me to go to A&E. By this time, Graham was home so I said I'd go with him.

We were ushered in through ambulatory care because of already being seen by an ambulance crew. We were at the hospital for 4 hours and and they checked everything. I also had an Xray on my chest. They concluded that I did not have any heart problems or a pulmonary embolism. I do have scarring on my lungs, possibly from Covid, but other than that nothing conclusive. So they put my pain down to musculoskeletal. 

I have been summoned for another Xray in a couple of weeks just to make sure my lungs are not getting any worse. 

I'm not sure what is going on in my chest, but the pain is deep inside. I hope I will have some answers someday. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Much and not Enough

 As you may recall I told you that Lucy has a syringomyelia and I've been getting advice from a neurologist who is not Lucy's doctor...